I have returned from the land known as Bangor, where I was interviewed in hopes of filling a spot in a college’s video production major. I’m a little shaken, but confidant none the less.
I wake up wicked early, I throw on some of the “nice clothes” (to include my ‘fancy’ tie), and I start the laborious journey north. With 10 minutes until the set meeting time I somehow find my way through the campus and to the visitor’s parking space in front of the main building. Running in semi-frantically while adjusting my shirt cuff I run into the lady I’m supposed to be meeting with.
The interview went pretty great. I just opened my mouth and let my personality/qualifications do all the talking. Whenever I start to over-think things nothing comes out but stupid, but this was a rare exception. After the interview I had to take a 12 minute academic test, and then we took a walk around the campus for a lengthy tour.
- A more technical/bad-ass program than I’ve seen in most other places.
- Millions of dollars worth of equipment I can use anytime I want.
- On campus television studio and fully functioning mobile production unit.
- Small student body.
- All Apple computers…all the time.
- “High Definition” labs. (So cool)
- Great looking cafeteria.
- Lots of pretty ladies.
If I did everything right I should hear back from them in 2 to 3 days. Crossing my fingers…