A little under a month ago I willingly quit the social networking juggernaut known as Twitter. I was relatively satisfied with my decision and I planned to continue on in a world without a ‘tweet’.
To my surprise, a week or two after my separation from the Internet sensation there was a surge of both private and public outrage. It even got to a point where, the lovely, sunleyemrys took up the cause and circulated a petition to get me back.
It appears that once again I have underestimated the fact that I am indeed a likeable person, and am not some ogre who lives under a bridge.
I have decided to return to Twitter…but before I do I have some demands that have to be agreed to.
- Expect a lot less ‘tweeting’ than before.
- I will not follow any celebrities and/or Twitter celebrities. (This includes you, Wil Wheaton.)
- I refuse to RT.
- When referring to me anywhere else on the Internet the link will be to my blog not my Twitter. I’m a blogger first, and Twitter-er second.
- I require at least one “Stevie’s Home” greeting a month.
- I want to be at least number 13 in the Hot Blogger Calendar Contest.
- And be aware that I’ll probably quit again.